Monday, February 13, 2012

Wedding, Thanksgiving, & Halloween

My Little Sis Got HiTcHeD
Oct 8th, 2011

I always love and cherish when our whole family gets to be together now. We are all so spread apart that I miss them all so much. I miss being so close to them. Maddie's wedding did the trick to bring us all together this time. Honestly, the wedding was beautiful and it was a great ceremony. I have been very impressed how Tanner has treated Maddie in this short time that I know him, and I'm comforted to know that she'll be taken care of. These two lovebirds are their own breed hahaha both "yellows" on the personality test . . . we'll see how their adventures pan out.
I love ANY excuse to match my outfit with my boys. Wyatt looked so handsome in this little tiny suit! Oh...... and you looked good too love :) You know I told you that alllllll day long. Mmmwa!
I have to say that being somewhat in charge of the bridal showers turned out to be a gas. I didn't think it was going to be all that fun, but it was! It was fun seeing all of Maddie's gifts, words of advice, recipes etc... it allowed me to reminisce about my bridal showers 4 years ago. WOAH!

This poster was quite funny. See if you can read any of it. Ladies that came had to pick an item and conjure up a phrase that went with it, then I placed it on the posters. Such a fun idea.

My wonderful sibs.
Best picture ever taken in our life thus far?
All those in favor, say "I". Now text me and tell me if you said, "I" hahahaha
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really like this picture.
We are all so happy.

I came out to the couch to check on Wyatt one morning . . . LOOK WHAT I FOUND.
I pleased to see that his diaper was still on.

Since money seems to grow everywhere but our house, we had to be creative with our Christmas gifts this year. We had Ethan's sister, Michelle, and her family and decided that Michelle & Bradley might thoroughly enjoy a night out on the town by themselves since they have three kids. It was no trouble at all. In fact, It felt like we had a little party haha.
We all had a blast!

Wyatt's newest flingy thingy is taking allllllll the marker lids off of the markers. That's it.
No coloring. No drawing. No lines. No nothing.
He takes them off and hides them around the house or puts them on his fingers.
Recently, he has loved the cookie monster quite a bit, so he will try to feed the monster the lids. It's actually pretty cute to watch. Such a silly little boy.

We spent Thanksgiving up at the Ranch with Ethan's family, and it was such an enjoyable weekend, as it always is. LOTS of food, talking, laughter, bonding, and thankful hearts. Ethan probably enjoyed working with Kevin more than anything else. He says he misses being on the ranch and working with Dad. I think I would feel the same way if I were in Eth's position.


The winter months are often times gloomy and COLD in Rexburg, which makes for very restless days stuck indoors. All we wanted to do was let him go outside....
I don't think it was the right kind of day to take him out. HA!

HALLOWEEN!
Wyatt's first time of Trick-or-Treating

I think I was more excited to go trick or treating than both Ethan and Wyatt. It's been so long since I've done it and I was ecstatic about showing Wyatt the ropes. I knew he was going to LOVE the fact that he gets free candy at every door. Quite an interesting concept for a two yr. old I think.

I think all residents of Rexburg, ID should receive some sort of reward for doing the best job of creating kids costumes that they can wear and still keep warm . . . if you know what I mean? Most of the costumes have to be covered by a winter coat, scarf, hat, and gloves, and you can't tell what in the heck the kids are supposed to be.

This is why I came up with this hideously, lovely costume for Wyatt.
I love how his sword is broken, his belt is my scarf, his eye mask is hardly noticeable as an eye mask, he's wearing little girl stretchy pants, and his turtle shell wouldn't even stay on him. (That thing took me forever to make btw)
SO GHETTO, yet SO CUTE!


When we got home, he could not stop looking at himself in the mirror. I had a good laugh.
I think he was completely and innocently confused because of the paint on his face.

I love all the teaching moments we get as parents. I love all the "first time" events like: eating with a spoon, dumping water out of a cup, brushing your teeth, washing hands, taking off your diaper, opening the fridge for a drink, using a hammer, drawing with markers, saying a new word, doing a puzzle, making pancakes, chewing gum, seeing animals, riding in the back of a truck, riding the carousel, playing in a jumping arena, going to a movie at the theater etc... The list goes on and on.

For me, this "first time" experience with Wyatt was even more exciting than most. Blame it on the overjoyed look he got on his face every time he saw the candy, or blame it on his darling outfit, or blame it on the fact that he wanted to hold my hand as we walked to the door, or whatever. I haven't been able to pinpoint it yet.

All I know is when Wyatt gets really happy or excited about something, my emotions do the same. Tonight was most definitely, a fun night.


Eth doesn't know it yet, but next year he'll be dressed up too :)

We finished the night off with decorating these cute little pumpkins. We couldn't afford the huge pumpkins this year, and frankly, didn't have the time to carve them anyway, so these little ones did wonders. Wyatt enjoyed pulling stickers off and putting them all over the pumpkin and himself. It was a really fun activity to do as a family and we all had a great night.

Then it was back to the reality of student teaching and being Mr. Mom in the morning.....

2 comments:

Jill said...

Somehow I missed seeing this post. SIlly me..........it's wonderful like all of the others! Love you guys!

Maddie and Tanner Stevens said...

cute sis love you!!