Saturday, December 25, 2010

Quarter of a century old!

Everyone needs to know they are loved.
I made a book of the 25 people who love Ethan most.
Eth bought himself a new leather jacket in which he looks very handsome in :)
Not a flattering picture at all.
We stuffed our faces at FAMOUS DAVE'S restaraunt!
Is it even possible for two people to eat all this?
We recommend this place to everyone.

Every kind of BBQ imaginable. SO GOOD!
We had some fun with Wyatt today... he laughed so hard when we put this thing on his head.

Ethan's Birthday (November 8th) was a very fun day for the both of us. We spent many hours alone together doing fun activities that really helped strengthen our relationship. I worked very hard to get all my homework done in advance so that I could set this day aside for me and Ethan to enjoy together. It payed off to work ahead and we were able to go to Idaho Falls together after my last class.

The ride down was so fun because we just talked about a bunch of things and listened to music together. We realized how nice it was to be alone together and spend some time without Wyatt. We love Wyatt to death and we enjoy playing with him, teaching him, and watching him, but I have realized the importance to spend time alone as husband and wife as well. It is wise council from our leaders to go on a date at least once a week with your spouse, without the children. It helps you remember why you are in love with each other and it helps bring some of the butterflies back too :) I love it when those come back to me.

Ethan could not calm his craving for delicious cuts of meat, so we went to FAMOUS DAVE'S in Idaho Falls to eat lunch. WOW. I had never been there before and boy was I impressed. We ate like true Americans and ordered the largest dish on the menu, "Feast for Two". (In reality this meal feeds four people easily and maybe even six people!) Ridiculous, I know. We had chicken, ribs, steak, fries, potatoes, beans, corn, Cole slaw, and drinks. Every piece of meat melted in our mouths and we were salivating the entire time we were eating. This was one of the best meals we've had in a long time. Ethan was in heaven with all that meat on his plate. Mmm, mmm, good.

Then Ethan wanted to go walk around and look at some stores. Ethan just loves to look at things and act like he's going to buy them. He likes to dream about owning a big screen, a trailer for his pickup, and a hunting dog etc. It's cute. SO NATURALLY, we went to Sportsman's Warehouse and he acted like he was interested in buying a gun so that the guy would let him hold all the cool ones; he checked out all the camo outfits; he looked at all the fancy knives; he spent lots of time checking out the gun safes and much more. After about 30min I wasn't so interested, so I decided to go hide somewhere in the store and play HIDE and GO SEEK.

I hid in a camper trailer thingy with windows that I could look through to watch him mosey around the store. I sent him a text, "Come and find me lover boy." I soon as I sent it I got as gitty as a blonde going out with the quarter back. I don't know why but I just got so excited and gitty and even got butterflies. I guess it was the kid in me again. Ooooo Ethan's going to come find me! Hahaha. Anyway, I kept sending him hints like, "I'll give you a hint, I'm over by the camo." This absolutely killed me because the entire store was filled with camouflage outfits, gadgets, tools, and whatever! I was laughing so hard to myself. I thought I was funny. I continued with another hint, "You can find me near the animal heads." Again, I died laughing in the camper because every inner wall of the store was covered with animal heads. I guess what was making me laugh so hard was thinking about Ethan's reaction when he read my texts. Thinking that he would read the text, look up to find the animal heads, then realize that I could be anywhere because the whole store had them, and thinking of him rolling his eyes and chuckling to himself at how stupid I was being, made me so gitty. I was seriously dying.

The other hilarious part about this is that people that walked by could see this random girl sitting in a camper all by herself and laughing her head off. Not to mention that a sign outside the camper said, "Please do not let children play in the camper." HAHAHAHA! All of that put together makes a pretty hilarious situation. Many times I could see Ethan walking past in the distance and I would laugh so hard. What made me laugh is that he was trying to act like he wasn't looking for me--he was just looking around in the store. He was trying to hold back his smile too. He was trying so hard to NOT give me the gratification of playing this game. I was dying. When he finally walked past the entrance to the camper and saw me giggling and grinning from ear to ear, he gave me a huge smile back along with the rolling of the eyes. I pulled him into the camper and we exchanged a few kisses :) Aaahhhhhh I felt like we were dating again. Yanno, all the silly little things you used to do to flirt with each other in hopes of getting a smooch at the end. Perhaps a little immature of us, but I sure enjoyed it and it made me remember why I fell in love with him.

After that we went to Ross and bought Ethan and new snazzy leather jacket and Wyatt a winter coat. We also checked out Best Buy to look for a new camera. All in all we just hung around Idaho Falls and enjoyed each others company. We had a really great time together and decided we needed to do this more often. Oh, and we recommend Famous Dave's to everyone.

When we got home we played with Wyatt for a while and he was a hoot, as usual. When he went to bed I decided to give Ethan his Birthday present I made him. Not only was I working on all my homework the week before, but I also coordinated with all our family members to write Ethan a little love note. It just so happened that all the adults put together equaled 25 people which is exactly how old he turned. What a coincidence. So I took every note that everyone wrote to him, decorated each individual's page personally, and compiled all of them into a book entitled, "The 25 people who love you most!" It turned out exactly how I picture it and I was very pleased with Ethan's reaction.

There are times when all of us need to know that we are loved. There are times when the kind words of a loved one or a family member makes all the difference in the world, or makes you remember why you love them. There times in all of our lives where we need to take a second and tell the ones we love WHY we love them. For Ethan, on his birthday, this meant more to him than anything. He was brought to tears as he read each letter of love and appreciation and he said, "I'm going to keep this by my bed." This was one of those times when these kind words of love meant a great deal to him. I thank you all for taking the time to contribute to his book. It meant so much to hear from each of you. This gift was well worth the time, money, and effort to put it together. Thank you all!

To sum it all up: IT WAS A WONDERFUL DAY SPENT HONORING and LOVING ETHAN!

Ethan is a unique, loving, and generous person. He made me feel like a million bucks while we were dating, and he still impresses me with the things he does at home and the things he does for others. His personality is inviting and he can make anybody feel good. There was one characteristic I knew I had to have in a husband and it was this: A man who can make me laugh every single day. Thankfully, Ethan has lived up to this requirement and does it successfully each day. I don't think we have gone a day without laughing since we've been married. I love to laugh. Ethan is an incredible father who takes great pride in his son. I know he would die for me and Wyatt if he had to and I would do the same for him. I'm so glad I married Ethan Felix.

9 comments:

The French Way said...

YAY! Happy Birthday Ethie!!!!! Glad I was one of those 25 people who love you most!! Glad you guys had fun!

Jill said...

Count me in for one of the 25! Glad to have you around!

Kayla and Jordon Heap said...

oh my goodness. I was laughing so hard thinking about you in the trailer!

Nathan & Marlese Seaver said...

sigh... this was so refreshing to read! man we need a night out!!!!!!!!!! k so even if no one else besides you and me think so... i think you are hilarious! i was laughing the whole time i was reading about sportsmans hahahahahahaha you guys are so great! btw happy birthday effy! haha remember when we all met at jb's and did a surprise breakfast? that was one of the first times we actually hung with you guys! good times! ps we miss you guys! pss do you know that i have #2 on the way? we find out tomorrow if it is a girl or boy... CRAZY!!! we totally need to get together again it has really been WAY TO LONG

Nathan & Marlese Seaver said...

haha and when i say "actually hung out with you" haha i am not sure how the work actually even got into that sentence hahaha sorry about that :)

Jaxon said...

I'm a little behind, but it sounds like his birthday was a success! Thanks for letting me be a part of your lives!!!

Jessica said...

Hello my dear! Thanks for your comment on my last post. I am so sad that you have poopy neighbors! but also secretly happy that they aren't cooler than us. :) We miss you a TON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you and hope you're having a fabulous Winter Semester!

Jesika Harmon said...

Loved this post Ash. It is SO true that you have got to do those things that nourish a marriage relationship! And when the butterflies come back it's so fun :) I can totally see you in the camper. So funny! Happy Birthday Ethan!

A.S.K. said...

Oh girl, I was cracking up during the entire post. I could just picture you hiding from Ethan and him not being able to find you. I'm glad that y'all had a great time together! We need to hang out some more before I have to leave Rexburg FOREVER! (And if you ever need a babysitter so that you and Ethan can date alone, let me know!)